Friday

EGO-BOOSTER NUMBER 4

This has got to be the biggest and grandest ego-booster of them all.

Let me start this way. You write a play and it gets produced and people come up afterwards and tell you how "lovely" or "touching" or "revealing" it was. Sometimes they even use words like "breathtaking" or "magical." But seldom will you get someone who tells you that your play changed his life. Or that he made a life-choice based upon your play.

I'll wager even the top playwrights rarely (if ever) get someone who tells them, "Your play changed my life."

Last September, out of the blue, I got an email from a young lady who performed in one of my productions. She told me, because of my play, she decided not to abort her baby. She wanted to thank me. Here's the email.

cindy email

It speaks for itself.

And the message it carries is more valuable than money or fame.




Add to Technorati Favorites



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dale,

congratulations. There is no other greater compliment.

Your work is complete.

God-Bless

Unknown said...

Yeah. I agree. The play had a purpose.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Mental Org. I am very proud of that play...